Thursday, October 7, 2010

Crystal Ball

I need a light up crystal ball for my upcoming party.  However after looking online and seeing the prices (yikes, that's scary!) I decided to make my own.

I had the following already on hand...
  • 1 purple glass ball (originally from IKEA)
  • 1 pumpkin light (1/2 off after Halloween last year)
  • Black electrical tape

 
Starting at the outside of the base just wind the electrical tape around the light.  Keep winding until you get up to the clear plastic.  All of the orange should be covered.  Then place the ball on top of the light (this is the tricky part) and keep winding until the ball feels secure.  My ball had a flat base, so this is pretty easy.




And here it is, one light-up crystal ball.  Fortunes anyone?  Hmmm, I see saving and craftiness in your future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...